Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Others

“The others” is the name of a famous Hollywood movie. I was addicted to see this film because of the vicissitude of the story. Especially the end of this movie, it was such a surprise to me; it was just opposite to my guessing.
There were three people living in a grange, the mother, the boy, and the girl. One day, the mother employed three servants to help her to manage the grange. However, a serious of strange things happened from that time on. The girl always said there was another child in their room, and the child was kind and friendly to her. Also, there was an old woman always crying in the house, but the mother couldn’t find her, only can hear the aghast voice. The mother asked the servants for help. They searched all of the house but found nothing; moreover, the mother found the servants had been dead for a long time when she saw the old pictures and the notes. To the mother’s surprise, she was told she was really a ghost by the servants, and her children were also ghost. She saw a family sitting in her room at that moment. She saw the kind child who was referred to by her girl. It was incredible! The mother couldn’t do anything but got crazy. She got so crazy that she cried to the boy and girl, and they gathered, crying and then sleeping. The family the mother had saw left the house the next day, because the family thought the house had a mother ghost, a boy ghost, and a girl ghost. The old woman crying in the room was a witch who was invited by the family which had left to dissipate the three ghosts, but failed, so they went away. At last, the mother realized herself was a ghost; of course, the servants were also ghosts who could help her to realize the truth.
After watching this movie, I was thinking for a long time. The famous Germanic philosopher Kant ever said: “There are four basic questions for people to solve. They are ‘who are we? Where are we from? What should we do? How to do?’” I realized that I couldn’t know my position some time, and I couldn’t know who I am and what should I do. I always bustle between the reality and the imagination, getting and spending. I am out of tune. It’s no point to live like this. I must realize myself genuinely to face the true life, to enjoy the true world. I think if I did this, I would be really mature and full of intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment